Long Range Static Elimination
up to 20 feet (6 meters)
With a Model 55000 Series Ionizing Bar attached to an AiRTX Air Knife, you can deliver static-neutralizing ions to a target at distances up to 20 ft. (6 m). It’s ideal for web/sheet stock, conveyorized product, extrusions, or arrangement in halo shape to wrap your product in ionized air. Quiet, maintenance-free and a miser with compressed air, the knife is available in all standard knife lengths or (optionally) in custom lengths.
All Air Knives are available with effective length of 3″ (76 mm), 6″ (152 mm), 12″ (305 mm), 18″ (457 mm), 24″ (610 mm), 30″ (762 mm), 36″ (914 mm), 42″ (1067 mm), 48″ (1219 mm) Overall length is 1″ longer than effective length Last 2-digits of 85012 Air Knife indicates the effective length.
Sample: Model 85012 is 12″ long
AiRTX Ionizing Air Knives Advantages
- More power from 7500V power source
- Anodized aluminum case
- Neutralizes static, blows away dirt
- Minimal compressed air, where used at all
- Adjustable air flow
- Shockless, non-radioactive neutralization source
- Low maintenance
- Rugged, reliable for industrial use
- Indicator light on Ionizing Bar to show power
INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS FOR IONIZING AIR KNIVES
Ionizing Air Knives arranges in a halo configuration, quickly neutralize static, then remove lint and dust from these PC Housings, improving handling and appearance.
Static was causing packaging jams and wasted valuable production time, until two Model 55412 Ionizing Air Knives were installed in this heat sealing process. Low pressure, ionized air eliminates the static charge and allows greatly increased line speed.
Static build-up on the plastic roll on this food packaging machine slowed production speed and caused shocks to employees. The Ionizing Air Knife can stop this problem in all types of plastic and paper roll or sheet stock.
USES FOR AIRTX IONIZING AIR KNIVES
- PC board cleaning
- Automatic feeder
- Sheet cleaning
- Facia cleaning before painting
- Blow molding
- Debris removal
- Injection molding
- Parts cleaning
- Web handling
TECHNICAL DATA FOR IONIZING AIR KNIVES
The AiRTX Air Knife provides a smooth laminar flow of air which doesn’t have the turbulence of fan-driven air and can carry positive and negative ions up to 20 feet from the bar and provide neutralization within the 2 second lifetime of the ions. The turbulence created by a fan causes the ions to bump into each other, so that the distance of ionization is reduced to 10″ – 12″.
The last digit of the part number indicates the effective length of the unit.
Sample: Model 55012 Ionizing Bar is 12″ long.
Sample: Model 85012 Air Knife is 12″ long.
INSTALLING IONIZING BARS
Correct Positioning is Vital to the Efficient Operation of Static Elimination Bars. Factors to be considered are:
- Correct positioning relative to the problem, i.e., immediately before problem area, with no intermediary rollers or processes which could regenerate the charge.
- Speed of material – higher speeds require more static elimination.
- Conductivity and density of material. The less conductive or more dense (molecularly) the material, the more stubborn will be the charge.
- Grounding – vitally important to the correct operation of bars. They will not function and will become “live” if not properly grounded.
The Following Rules Should Be Observed When Installing AiRTX Ionizing Bars
- Optimal Distance from material to be neutralized is 2″ – 4″
- Bars should be staggered if positioned on opposite sides of the material—distance between bars should not be less than the distance of either bar to surface (2″ – 4″)
- Avoid proximity to grounded parts of the machine – Grounded objects will distort the corona and reduce its efficiency.
- CAUTION: This equipment is NOT to be used in hazardous vapor areas.