AiRTX Cabinet Coolers provide environmentally friendly, low cost cooling for electronic control panels in hot and hazardous conditions. They condition the air inside electrical enclosures, eliminating downtime due to heat, dirt and moisture. The AiRTX cabinet coolers incorporate a vortex tube to produce cold air from compressed air, without the use of moving parts.
Industrial Solutions For Cabinet Coolers
Multiple Face Machining
The large investment in programming for this horizontal/vertical machining center is protected by the Model 70325 Stainless Thermostatic Cabinet Cooler, which eliminates heat build-up and coolant contamination of sensitive electronics.
The Model 70325 Stainless Cabinet Cooling System protects against fluctuations in this precision grinding operation by cooling the cabinet and allowing the electronics to be sealed against mist contamination. Thermostatic control assures you of efficient compressed air usage.
The Model 70315 Thermostatic Cabinet Cooling System mounts on the side of this control, out of the operator’s way, allowing free rotation of the control and clear view of the process. Thermostatic control minimizes air usage.
AiRTX Cabinet Cooling Systems are stainless steel, so washdown of these leak testing and production controls in a bottling operation is easy. NEMA cabinets can be secured without concern for heat build-up.
AiRTX Polar Cabinet Cooler Advantages
- Higher BTH per CFM
- Greater cooling with the same air usages
- Available in Stainless Steel and Aluminum
- Wide range of Cooling (600-5600 BTUH)
- No vibration to affect CCTV cameras
- Thermostatically controlled units available
- Compact for cramped factory areas
- No maintenance, no moving parts
- Requires no electricity
- No RF/EMI interference
- No fans or filters
- Muffled for quiet operations
- Maintain NEMA 4, NEMA 4x, and NEMA 12 integrity
Uses For Cabinet Coolers
- Nc/CNC Cabinets
- Industrial PCs
- Measuring instruments and recording devices
- Closed-circuit TV cameras
- Motor controls and relays
Technical Data For Cabinet Coolers
Keep Factory-Floor Controls On-Line With Up To 5600 BTUH Of Cabinet Cooling
Dirt, moisture, hazardous or corrosive materials-a bad environment is the Achilles’ heel of industrial electronic systems. And it’s a real hazard when you have to open the cabinet door to prevent heat build-up.
Compressed-Air-Operated Stainless Cabinet Control Coolers For Hazardous Environments
Using a low-cost, reliable Vortex Tube, compressed-air operated AiRTX Polar™ Cabinet Coolers purge and cool electrical/electronic enclosures with filtered air that’s 45° F colder than your compressed air supply. A built-in relief valve lets hot air escape from the cabinet enclosure, while the cooler supplies clean, cold air.
They mount-in minutes-in a standard electrical knockout to maintain your NEMA 4, 4x, or 12 rating. A built-in, heavy duty muffler makes the Cabinet Cooler extremely quiet for use in production areas.
Use Them Anywhere!
If you’re an OEM, you’ll find the fit and finish of our Cabinet Coolers a complement to your own equipment.
Thermostatic systems are highly recommended as they produce a truly maintenance free cooling system. No forgetting to turn it on or off, increasing or decreasing air supply on hot days, consuming compressed air when cooling is not necessary, and no thermal hot and cold changes. A constant 90°F (32°C) to provide the electronics with a long life. For double wide cabinets up to 10’W x 6’H x 2’D or cabinets in extreme hot conditions above 150°F, order Model 70370.
Model 75008, 15, 25, 35 (Aluminum)
Model 70008 (Stainless Steel)
Model 70015, 25, 35 (Stainless Steel)
Model 70008X (Stainless Steel)
Model 70015X, 25X, 35X (Stainless Steel)
|NEMA Type 4,12||NEMA Type 12,4x||NEMA Type 4,12|
|Aluminum||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Description|
|75008||70008x||70008||600 BTU/H Cooler and ducting kit, muffler|
|75108||70108x||70108||600 BTU/H Cooler and ducting kit, muffler and 5 micro auto drain filter|
|75308||70308x||70308||600 BTU/H thermostatic system includes: Cooler, auto drain filter, ducting kit, muffler, thermostat, solenoid valve|
|75105||70105x||70105||1100 BTU/H Cooler and ducting kit, muffler|
|75115||70115x||70115||1100 BTU/H Cooler and ducting kit, muffler and 5 micro auto drain filter|
|75315||70315x||70315||1100 BTU/H thermostatic system includes: Cooler, auto drain filter, ducting kit, muffler, thermostat, solenoid valve|
|75025||70025x||70025||1800 BTU/H Cooler and ducting kit, muffler|
|75125||70125x||70125||1800 BTU/H Cooler and ducting kit, muffler and 5 micro auto drain filter|
|75325||70325x||70325||1800 BTU/H thermostatic system includes: Cooler, auto drain filter, ducting kit, muffler, thermostat, solenoid valve|
|75035||70035x||70035||2800 BTU/H Cooler and ducting kit, muffler|
|75135||70135x||70135||2800 BTU/H Cooler and ducting kit, muffler and 5 micro auto drain filter|
|75335||70335x||70335||2800 BTU/H thermostatic system includes: Cooler, auto drain filter, ducting kit, muffler, thermostat, solenoid valve|
|75370||70370x||70370||5600 BTU/H thermostatic system includes: 2 Coolers (model 70035), auto drain filter, ducting kit, muffler, thermostat, solenoid valve|
Installation Of Thermostatic Cabinet Control Cooler System
|Double Wide System Components Model 70370:|
|2 of Model||70035||Cooler with Conducting Kit|
|1 of Model||90302||Solenoid|
|1 of Model||90300||Adjustable Thermostat|
|1 of Model||90176||Auto Drain Filter|
Determining Requirements for Sizing Correct Control CooleR
- Size, the heat load area of the cabinet using the following formula:
(2 x W + 2 x D) Height = square feet of cabinet
Example: 3 wide, I deep, 4 high = 32 square feet
- Determine inside temperature reading for maximum hotter outside temperatures.
- 90oF (32oC) is a safe operating temperature for most electronics to reduce heat stress on the controls and drying of the wafer boards.
- Example: If reading is taken on a 7OoF day and the temperature reads I lOoF, add 25oF if the electronics will be operating during a summer day temperature of 95oF or add more if it will get hotter. Subtract the temperature of 9OoF as the desired temperature inside the operating cabinet from the temperature reading in step 2 to determine the temperature difference or Delta T.
- Use the square area of your cabinet readings on the left side of the scale and match it with the temperature difference from step 4 on the top of the sizing chart.
- The intersection of these two numbers give you the BTUs required to maintain the desired 9OoF inside temperature. 7. Match the BTU reading with the proper AiRTX Cooler.
|1. Size of cabinet? W______ D______ H______|
|2. Hottest temperature inside cabinet? ______|
|3. Desired temperature inside cabinet?______*
*90° is recommended
- All AiRTX Control Coolers are constructed of Stainless Steel for long lasting use as well as for use in wash down areas, high heat or corrosive conditions.
- All AiRTX Coolers are standard with ducting kit that include 8 of tubing to route the cold air from the AiRTX Cooler evenly throughout the cabinet, hold downs for the tubing, and an internal muffler to insure noise free operation.
- Thermostatic systems are highly recommended as they produce a truly maintenance free cooling system. No forgetting to tum it on or off, increasing or decreasing air supply on hot days consuming compressed air when cooling is not necessary, and no thermal hot and cold changes. A constant 90oF (32oC) to provide the electronics with a long life.